Short Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of Modern Standard Arabic.
"Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too!" - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners has been written especially for students from low-mid intermediate (ACTFL) level of Modern Standard Arabic. Mapped to B1 and approaching B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading, and most importantly - enjoyment!
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level, including the 1000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
- Realistic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
- Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
- Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you reading, Short Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners will take your grasp of MSA to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
· A glossary for bold-face words in each text
· A bilingual word list
· Full plot summary
· Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners uses reading as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning Modern Standard Arabic, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
Use the codes inside the ebook to access a bonus story for free and the discounted audiobook on our Language Readers Library site or in the Language Readers app.